From Department of Statistical Science Computing Wiki
Configuring Mozilla Thunderbird for Duke IMAP Email
Recent versions of Mozilla Thunderbird support automatic configuration of the IMAP and SMTP servers.
- Open Tools->Account Settings
- Under 'Account Actions' select 'Add Mail Account...'
- Fill in the Mail Account Setup fields as follows:
- Your Name: Your Full Name, John Doe, for example
- Email Address: `FIRST.LAST@duke.edu`, use your account NetID or your first and last name seperated by a dot.
- Password: Your Duke NetID password
- Check the check box if you want Thunderbird to remember your password for you.
- Click the 'Continue' button.
- Thunderbird should automatically configure itself to access your IMAP account and a 'Create Account' button should appear at the bottom of the window.
- Click the 'Create Account' button to complete setup of your account.
- In the 'Account Setup' window, your new account will show up under your `FIRST.LAST@duke.edu` address. Click on the 'Server Settings' entry in your new account.
- Click the 'Advanced' button in the right half of the 'Account Setup' window.
- Uncheck the 'Show only subscribed folders' option in the 'Advanced Account Setup Windows' and click 'OK' to close it.
- Click the 'OK' button on the 'Account Setup' window.
You should now be able to access your email.